Thursday, September 30, 2010

Monday Meet and Greet-Jesse

Name: Jesse
http://www.etsy.com/people/FreemanCraftsFabrics
I grew up in a small rural town called White Springs, Fl our town is known for the Steven Foster Memorial and the yearly Florida Folk Festival. As most of you know I am married to Melissa.

How did you get started making rosaries? I started making rosaries after Melissa taught me how to do it over a year ago.

How has your faith played a role in your rosary making? I am an active Catholic and rosary making for me is a ministry more than a means to get money. Since the rosary was given to the church by our blessed mother. When I make any rosary I pray while doing it. I believe it is like making a mothers day gift by hand for the best mother in the entire world.

What is your relationship to the Blessed Mother? Since I am a convert as well to the Catholic Faith this was one of the hardest beliefs of the church that I had to deal with. But my priest told me something that hit home, his explanation was simply a few questions for me including his first question which was what makes up a family? I told him a Father, a Mother, and Children; he told me exactly well God has a family with the church which includes him, mother Mary, and Jesus. With this I thought about it and it is very true Mother Mary is the true mother also the Mother that you always wanted. So I see her as my Mother always there when I need her and also praying for me.
Has it always been this way? I pretty much have already answered this no it has not always been this way but I do not ever see it changing.

Where do you see your rosary business going? I hope to see it develop into a source of income. I would love to have my own line of rosaries at different Catholic stores across the USA. I know I dream pretty big

Are there any new things you'd like to make? I have been thinking about making Franciscan Crowns and Anglican Rosaries as well.

Sorry its late I get side tracked

No comments:

Post a Comment